Email marketing has constantly changed over the years and has now become an affordable and effective form of advertising. Gone are the days when promoting products and services via e-mail was considered spam. Today, customers consider receiving permission-based emails to be a suitable substitute for personal email when it comes to business marketing. According to statistics, about 78% of permission-based emails are read by a large number of email users, and this figure is noteworthy in terms of the effectiveness of email as a marketing tool.
Here are five solutions to help you combat email marketing problems and make your business a success.
- You must inform your recipients that they recognize your email as safe and not spam. You can ask them to remove you from the harmful senders list and move you to the safe senders list. This can help you communicate with them without worrying about your email simply being forwarded to the spam folder and then deleted. Also, you should only use an email service provider that adheres to anti-spam rules to ensure that all your emails are sent to your inbox and not your spam folder.
- You should get an email service from a company that uses secure methods such as data encryption. This ensures that URLs embedded in your email are not broken links, so they can be useful in directing recipients to your website.
- You should try to personalize emails whenever possible. For example, when responding to a customer’s email, you should at least use their first name in the greeting, not a generalized term such as Mr. or Mrs. You should also allow recipients to choose which topics they want to receive email about. Sending emails to people who are definitely not interested in a particular topic is just a waste of time.
- When you advertise in emails, you should also offer your customers something like discount or free coupons. It has been known that the majority of email users make purchases when something extra is offered to them. Attract more buyers with this technique.
- You must have an email service provider that allows you to log all customer transactions. If you can do this, you can use the statistics you collect to predict trends. This can also help create a more realistic email marketing plan.
So when you face obstacles in email marketing, go through these solutions and try to find out which of them can be applied to solve your crisis.