As a lover of both classic and modern, I switch between both. However, I do believe that there are certain times when each has its place – and I have to say that today I decided that electric cards are asses at Christmas!
Here are 7 reasons why:
- They are lazy. [They say… “I was in a hurry, and forgot to get you a real card.”]
- They are cheap. [They say… “You’re not worth a couple of dollars for a card and a stamp.”]
- Email spam filters block them. [Oh joy!]
- They are impersonal. [Nothing says “Your special” like a handwritten eCard. It just warms the heart doesn’t it?]
- They require the reader to work toward your “special gift.” “Dear Bob, visit our eCard online store to download your eCard [number 898323232423] using the passcode TRX46546′.” Golly, the thought of logging into yet another online store to be bombarded with ad messages trying to find my “special gift” feels so festive!
- They are temporary. And who wants to print their e-card with the office’s laser printer? Whoever said “Toner Black” is the new green and red was seriously messed up! [My wife likes to put our Christmas cards on display to show friends how popular we are 😉 Just try that with an eCard!]
- And finally… Email is “fast” and “convenient” – Christmas cards shouldn’t be… Show someone you really care.
And if you missed the email, pick up the phone and call instead. This time of year you should connect… AND DON’T DARE DELETE YOUR VOICE MAIL!
Merry Christmas… and YES… I sent real cards this year.