Content marketing has always been important in the world of online marketing, but unfortunately, so many people are still looking for shortcuts and shiny solutions that they miss out on this most important aspect of marketing, namely adding and distributing great content to your website or blog. it in all the right places, in all the right formats to get you exposure, leads and sales.
Without a content marketing strategy, your SEO or social marketing efforts will fail, as social signals are critical to SEO success and good social content is critical to your business or brand.
The problem, of course, is that it seems to WORK. That nasty four-letter word most marketers are allergic to. But here’s a strategy we use called Content Arbitrage that does the following for you:
– Take your best ideas to the market with the least amount of work
-Create killer “link sucking” content that will rank your site in the search engines
– Gives you a constant stream on social media to blow up the web
– Make an impression on your customers and entice them to trust you and buy from you
So, here’s how it works, step by step.
1. Think of the best current idea for your product or service that you know potential customers are interested in. Googling it will give you good ideas and tips.
2. Do some light keyword research to find out how people are searching for this information.
3. Create a title and description for your content that includes the keyword.
4. Save or write down your best thoughts on the topic. Breaking it down into steps often helps, “5 Tips” or “Top 5 Mistakes” articles are always interesting to people.
5. Distribute your content to as many different places as makes sense for your niche. Once you have a great article or recording, you can easily create a video, PowerPoint presentation, article, podcast, and infographic.
6. Create a new page or blog post containing your writing, infographics, videos, etc.
7. Promote your new page or post on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+ and any other social networks you participate in.
8. Rinse and repeat weekly.
This method will help you create your best content, distribute it to places that have their own built-in traffic sources, link back to your site, and give you several great social posts over the next week.
The key to this strategy is time and consistency. While most other online marketers still practice “top of the day” marketing, you can implement this solid strategy that can yield huge profits over time.