Email marketing is a very effective strategy for getting new customers and getting more sales from old customers. By focusing on acquiring new subscribers, your list grows day by day and you can cross-sell more useful products or services to your subscribers.
However, you shouldn’t focus solely on getting subscribers at the expense of building and maintaining good relationships with your existing subscribers. In this article, I want to share with you some email marketing tips to help you get the most out of your list:
1. Create a series of follow-up messages. You should write a series of follow-up messages and queue them up in your autoresponder. This allows every new subscriber to receive your message and go through the backend sales funnel. You shouldn’t be selling your product or service in every email you send. By doing this, no one will read your messages. Therefore, you should always provide useful information to your subscribers to help them solve their problems.
2. Reward your subscribers’ loyalty. The best way to build a good relationship with your subscribers is to reward them with freebies, discounts, lucky draws or subscribers-only offers. Your current subscribers will appreciate your work and stay loyal by staying on your list.
3. Keep your email template as simple as possible. If you must use an HTML template, keep it simple. This is because many devices such as the iPhone and BlackBerry can now receive and read emails. Models that are too complex do not display well on these devices. So don’t use too many images, but use normal fonts and colors.
4. Allow people to join your list through your website. You need to integrate email marketing with other marketing activities. If you’re running a road show that brings people to your website, you should include an opt-in box on your site for people to join your mailing list.
5. Don’t email your subscriber too often. If you email your subscribers every day, they will soon consider your email spam. A general rule of thumb is once every 4 days. However, it really depends on the original reason why your subscribers join your list. For example, if your subscribers join your list to receive daily updates on stock values, it makes sense to send them an email every day.
Last but not least, you should always share your email copy. Copywriting, template design, calls to action and offers often affect the conversion rate of your email marketing campaign. Test your emails to generate the highest possible response rate and conversion.