Mobile phones and mobile devices have certainly taken over. More and more people are using these devices for communication and business. Your traditional websites don’t perform well on mobile devices. What do you need to do to make your website mobile friendly and attract the attention of everyone using mobile devices for their business? You need to make your site mobile friendly.
It’s not that hard to do. I have put together the following 10 easy steps for you to follow. If you do each of these, your site will be mobile friendly and no one will have trouble communicating with you or collaborating with you on a mobile device:
1. Keep your website simple, not flashy. A flashy website doesn’t work well on a mobile device. Keep things simple and follow the basic structure of the website.
2. Think about how your mobile customers will see your content on your site. Use the mobile device yourself to check your own site. You don’t know if your site is coming to them or not without actually checking.
3. Keep ads to a minimum. You may find that your ads are taking up too much space for mobile customers. You may want to move them to another area. Ads don’t perform as well on a mobile device as they do on your website. Double check how the ads look on mobile.
4. You may need special coding so people can view your content correctly on a specific mobile platform. The content must be in an optimal format for different mobile platforms.
5. Navigation works really well on a mobile device. Consider adding navigation to your mobile site. Use short drop-down menus. Make sure that when a customer selects a dropdown, that dropdown takes them to the right page. Do not add layers to your site. Take your customers directly to where they need to go based on the information in the dropdown menu.
6. Make your links short. If you’ve ever tried to send a text message, you know that sometimes it can be a challenge. Even though most people are really good at sending text messages, it’s still tricky to write those long links. Don’t annoy your customers. Make it a pleasant experience.
7. Put one message or series of messages on one page. This is based on keeping your site as simple as possible. Keep your content organized and make it easy to read with these small mobile devices. I like to keep one post per page.
8. Instead of a common start page, put your content on the first page. It’s always a good idea to keep your most important and current content right at the front.
9. Sometimes links just don’t work properly on a mobile-friendly site. A good idea would be to put the links at the end of your content. Your links may work well in the content of your regular site, but they don’t always work well on a mobile site. If you put the links at the end of your message or content, it will be easier for your customers to go to the site.
10. When it comes to navigation on your mobile site, a drop down menu system or a hover navigation system works best. Such types of navigation really save a lot of space on a certain mobile device and make it easier for customers to use.
Mobile devices are undeniably the way of the future. So don’t lose customers because your website can’t be viewed on these types of devices. Make your website mobile friendly with these 10 steps. Make your site easy to use and reach all customers.